We New Orleanians love to celebrate almost as much as we love our pets. Being able to combine these two interests is another thing that makes this city great. No matter what part of town you’re in, there’s a good chance that there’s a dog-friendly bar or brewery nearby. If you live in Mid-City like me, you’re lucky enough to have a large variety to choose from with in walking distance. Here are few of my favorite Fido friendly watering holes:
- The Bulldog
- Port Orleans Brewing Company
- Dat Dog
- Lucy’s Retired Surfer Bar
- Bayou Beer Garden
- Urban South Brewery
- Vessel NOLA
- Second Line Brewing
- Portside Lounge
- Parleaux Beer Lab
- Mid-City Yacht Club
What makes these places extra great is that many of them support animal rescue groups in the area!
- The Bulldog is not only the co-host of our NOLA on Tap, but they also host occasional Yappy Hours for local animal groups.
- Port Orleans Brewing Company is the main sponsor for this year’s NOLA on Tap.
- Stop by Parleaux for their monthly “Puppy Party” or regular events benefiting Animal Rescue New Orleans.
- Vessel NOLA has monthly Yappy Hours that benefit the animals here at the Louisiana SPCA.
- Lucy’s has partnered with the Louisiana SPCA for a Yappy Hour benefiting the animals.
- Second Line Brewing has participated in NOLA on Tap.
- Urban South Brewery has participated in NOLA on Tap.
Looking for another way to enjoy a drink with your pup? Then don’t miss the 8th Annual NOLA on Tap September 23 at the City Park Festival Grounds! This beer-themed event is dog and family friendly and benefits the animals in our care. Get your tickets here and join the Facebook event for updates!